Zero Waste 30 Challenge

Tuesday, October 11, 2016 Unknown 0 Comments

Sometimes beginning something new can be difficult, especially if you do not have a set time frame to check whether you've actually accomplished something. I decided that in order for me to start living more consciously I needed to challenge myself. That's why I decided to start a 30 day zero waste challenge. I call it Zero Waste 30 akin to phrases from popular whole food, natural diets.

If you've researched and read about zero waste, you probably came across this troubling statistics that says "the average person produces at least 4.3lb of waste per day"! I'm sure you are probably as shocked as me about this information, and wonder what the heck are we throwing away? My goal starting today is to reduce the weight of my trash to less than 4.3lb per month or less than that. I want to break the vicious cycle of consumerism and wastefulness, and instead focus on how can I live more mindful of the things we put into our environment.

Everyone is concerned if they put something unhealthy into their bodies, so why are we accepting of adding pollution to our planet? We share this one place and must learn to better protect it. Not only will this Zero Waste 30 Challenge help you reduce your waste, but also help you learn to live a more mindful and healthier life.

Hopefully after 30 days I will have some good results. But I hope to continue improving my results each month, so don't just see this challenge as 30 days and that's it, but as a stepping stone to reach a goal of reducing what used to be several pounds of trash a day to a couple of months or several years. Let's do this for us, let's do this for the planet!



This is also a nice podcast with Lauren Singer that talks about Zero Waste (Warning: Lots of foul language, not for the faint of heart):


0 comments:

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate your feedback and hope it helps others in the community learn more too!