Building a React/Redux App with JWT

Monday, March 27, 2017 Unknown 0 Comments

So, I apparently like to sporadically write about different topics. I hadn't had any good ideas for over a month,  but this one was on my mind this week as I began to really develop a large scale application using React/Redux. I'm working on my third capstone in the Thinkful program.  You can find more about it here.

My previous capstone was mainly using Node/Express, MongoDB, and handlebars, with authentication through PassportJS. I would have to say that definitely moving onto React/Redux and JWT definitely pushes my learning up a notch.

So, the first thing I want to say is how beneficial it has been to learn more about the development process from nearly scratch. I'm using webpack 2, which I've configured myself, and it is definitely something to get used to. But the funny thing is the more I keep messing with the code, the more I actually come to understand it.

I recommend that anyone doing their own project check out some tutorials. I prefer youtube tutorials though because I'm a visual learner, and I like to hear people explain it as they go through the code. However, that's not to say that some materials like written ones with images aren't bad, but they just aren't as effective for my own learning.

I also noticed that while building this capstone, I noticed I'm acquiring more ways to improve how to write my code, and also in setting up my directory. I believe that good clean architecture for your project is important, especially when you're sharing it with others.

So, as of right now I'm not done with my project (it's been over a week since conception to coding), I've discovered a lot more things I need to improve. But I am definitely getting there, and hopefully after this is all over, I will be an even better web developer. 

0 comments:

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate your feedback and hope it helps others in the community learn more too!